ISCC - Sustainable Bio Energy and Product Certification
How can we help you?Request information
Know what you need?Request quote
Ensure sustainable biofuels certification according to the ISCC (International Sustainability Carbon Certification) certification scheme, ISCC EU, ISCC PLUS and ISCC Corsia.
Global Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission levels are higher than the globe can handle. As a result, the production and demand of biomass and biofuels are increasing. Part of the future energy supplies depend on sustainable production of biofuels; their supply chains are complex and have a range of environmental impacts.
Certification is an effective means to prove the sustainability of biofuel, biomass and circular products throughout supply chain and thus contributing to ensure a supply of renewable energy. DNV holds an agreement with ISCC for certification according to the ISCC scheme.
What is ISCCISCC focuses on greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions throughout value chains, sustainable land use, protection of natural habitats and social sustainability for feedstock production as well as circular materials. Based on the EU REDII Directive, ISCC requires different GHG savings targets based on the start date of biofuel/ bioliquid/ biomass fuel operations. In addition, feedstock production (plantations) need to comply with 6 principles and the circular material must comply with the definition of residues or waste. The ISCC audit for raw material from agriculture will address the following topics:
- Protection of Land with High Biodiversity Value or High Carbon Stock.
- Environmentally Responsible Production to Protect Soil, Water and Air.
- Working conditions.
- Human, labour and land use rights.
- Responsible community relations.
- Land Rights, Laws and International Treaties.
- Good management practices and continuous improvement.
- Greenhouse gas emissions.
Benefit of becoming certified
Renewable energy is of global interest and is significant in the efforts to reduce GHG emissions globally, reducing and reversing global warming. Regulatory requirements and players in the market increasingly demand that providers prove responsible and sustainable production of biomass and biofuels throughout the supply chain.
- Assurance toward customers that your products are responsibly produced and from sustainable raw material.
- Market recognition as a leading player in the sustainable biofuels market.
- Proof of compliance to your region’s regulatory requirements.
- Proof of compliance with the EU Renewable Energy Directive (RED), thereby granting access to this market for your biomass/biofuels products.
- Ability to communicate credibly to the market regarding the sustainability of your biomass/biofuels products.
Contact us to learn more about these standards and certification systems and how we can support you on your way to certification.